TOEFL ITP Certification
The TOEFL ITP test measures the ability of non-native English speakers to communicate in English in an academic setting. It accurately measures how well students can read and understand English in the college or university classroom.
- The TOEFL ITP Exam measures 3 skills: Section 1_Listening Comprehension. Section 2_Structure and Written Expression. Section 3_Reading Comprehension.
- Listening Comprehension measures your ability to understand spoken English as it is used in colleges and universities. This section lasts 30-40 minutes (50 questions,approximately) and is self-timed by the audio cassette that accompanies it.
- Structure and Written Expression Section lasts 25 minutes. It helps confirm that you are ready to recognize language that is appropriate for standard written English. There are two types of questions in this section, with special directions for each type.
- Reading Comprehension measures your ability to understand academic reading material written in English. This section lasts 55 minutes; 50 questions, approximately.
- Each section of the test has a time limit. If you finish a section early, you can go back within that section until time is called. However, you cannot work on a different section until you are directed to do so.
- You should work quickly but carefully on the Listening Comprehension and Reading Comprehension sections. Some questions are more difficult than others, but you should try to answer every one to the best of your ability. If you are not sure of the answer to a question, make the best guess that you can.
- You will spend approximately 3 hours to check-in and the TOEFL testing session.
- The test is delivered at a secure, ETS-approved test center, such as UNAM-ENES-León, through the Institute of International Education (IIE) in Mexico City.